Wednesday, April 22, 2009

'Pail Poll closed due to sabotage

When I posted a 'Pail Poll asking your opinion about the misnamed FairTax that Freepers think is so great, I fully expected FairTax cultists to spend the week at their computers casting multiple votes to skew the results. I didn't expect them to practically fry my computer.

Since Sunday, I've heard several complaints about irregularities in this poll. One person claims to have voted no, but the vote was counted as a yes. Others claimed similar problems or not being able to vote at all.

Sure enough, I investigated it just now with the "Change your vote" feature, and when I tried changing my vote back to no again, about 10 browser windows full of ads for Wal-Mart cards and other items began popping up.

Obviously, the FairTax thought police hacked the poll somehow so it would launch malware like this if you voted no.

So I had to shut off the 'Pail Poll. I refuse to continue with a poll that launches malware.

Despite this sabotage, you had voted 24 to 16 against the far-right FairTax. You know there were actually more no votes than that - especially here. But the total is about what I should have expected, because the FairTax cult freeps polls like this.

This episode speaks volumes about how they run elections for public office. If they can disrupt an online poll, just think what they do when they count votes in actual elections. I have to seriously question whether the Republicans have actually won half the elections they appear to have won in recent years, when you weigh for all the fraud.

There should be a full-on police investigation into the sabotage of the poll here, because clearly there was a security breach. But an official probe is about as likely as an investigation into the harassing phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment