Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Corrected details about missing Johnny Bench medallion

Now that I've sent you on a detective mission to find a long-missing Johnny Bench medallion, it might help if I gave better information. Because you're reading a progressive populist blog like this one, you must be a stickler for detail, so I thought I'd try to provide better clues.

The size of the medallion may have been overstated in my previous entry. I described it as possibly 2 to 3 inches in diameter, but now that I think about it more, it was probably slightly less than that - maybe 1.5 to 2 inches - though I could be wrong.

Also, I expressed a likelihood that the item was unique. As my previous entry states, this is not a certainty. Either way, it is an extremely rare medallion. And I'm looking for that particular medallion - not one like it.

The medallion was like a large coin or a medal. It featured the ballplayer's likeness, but (as with most coins or medals) it was not a color image. I don't remember Mr. Bench's pose on the medallion, but he is pictured above, in case you are unfamiliar with him.

I won the medallion between 1992 and 1994. It vanished between 1993 and 1997 - most likely in 1995 or 1996.

Someone once told me Johnny Bench was a Republican. I don't know if this is true, or if this was just a misguided effort to discredit the career of a baseball legend. Regardless of Mr. Bench's politics, we must find that long-lost treasure.

Don your Sherlock Hemlock hats now, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment