Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Facebook actually deletes hate propaganda!

Be still my beating heart! Facebook actually followed its own stated guidelines against posting hate propaganda!

As you know, Facepalm usually allows racist and classist propaganda to flow unabated - while deleting posts or accounts of folks who challenge it. Facebook's guidelines ostensibly disallow it, but this rule is almost never enforced.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon a right-wing Facebook page full of racist memes, so I reported it. I figured it was probably futile, but then again, I thought if Facepoo got enough complaints, maybe someday they'd turn over a new leaf.

Now Facebook has replied to me that they have deleted the offending content. They claim that they did not delete the whole page - even though hate propaganda is about all it consisted of. But at least some of the garbage is gone - I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment