Wednesday, November 5, 2008

GOP loses seats in both houses of Congress

Continuing the uproarious trend that began in 2006, the Republicans have again suffered a net loss of seats in both the Senate and the House - making a Tuesday night full of laughs even more fulfilling!

If you think I'm being too partisan about this, the GOP did have a few rare bright spots, like when they defeated Democrat Tim Mahoney, who wanted to act like a jerk. But the Republicans acted like even bigger jerks and lost many more seats.

Overall, not a bad night! When I was at my family event, I heard cheers and fireworks outside when Obama was declared the winner - in a county that McCain allegedly won with 60%, no less.

(I'm skeptical of the claim that McCain really won Campbell County at all, from what I've seen lately. This is not 1990. Incidentally, Obama did better in Campbell County than he did in Perry County. I'd be surprised if there was any other time since the New Deal when the Democrats did better in Campbell than in Perry.)

"You had a bad day...The camera don't lie..."

No comments:

Post a Comment