Thursday, October 22, 2009

BTPers duck and run; cloud of sawdust appears

You thought it was a slow news day, but I was out looking for the BTPers. The LOSEianne crowd. The Tea Party comedians.

After they sent out press releases talking about how they'd be peopling the exit ramps off I-275 today, I decided to take a look, after attending the 8th Street Viaduct reopening. I figured the exit most easily accessible to me would be the one to the AA Highway.

Well, the BTPers apparently thought so too. Because they didn't even bother to show up at that exit.

They're just like Kids Helping Kids: They duck out when they know they're going to be confronted.

I arrived at the exit at precisely 4 PM (when the rally was supposed to start). When I noticed they were nowhere in sight, I got dinner, and then I went back that way around 4:30. Still no sign of 'em.

Maybe they were just very late. But since the Republicans were the ones who supported extending Daylight Wasting Time in a region where it's useless, you'd think they wouldn't be late.

Nah. They wussed out. They knew I'd probably be there to challenge them, and they couldn't handle it.

Frankly, it's no skin off my nose, because it gave me a chance to go Roads Scholaring. But it just goes to show that they can't tolerate someone calling them out on their right-wing baloney.

I know they wimped out, because when I got home, I discovered that one of the Cincinnati leaders of their movement had left a lengthy comment on this blog trying to negotiate with me.

In other words, I won. I have more strength in one finger than they have in their entire movement.

See what happens when you stand up to bullies instead of ignoring them?

I've seen the BTPers' name-calling and invective firsthand. I've heard about the way they treat reporters who were covering their rallies. And frankly, I'm not going to negotiate with them. All year long, they've proven themselves to be irrational and just plain nasty.

It's an extension of what we saw at the height of the Iraq War, during the Contract With America, and in the '88 election. They have a history of this. They took it down to a personal level with me years ago, and I don't make deals with movements that have chosen to make things personal.

They know the ideology of this blog is diametrically opposed to theirs, so why would they even try to deal with me unless it's so they can come out ahead?

The Tea Party movement is ridiculous. It is one of the most ridiculous developments in modern American history. Let there be no doubt about this whatsoever.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... looks like my comment disappeared. If you're interested in actually engaging instead of calling names, let us know. We're organizing a local bloggers roundtable on Nov 24.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete