Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I don't like where this is headed...

I've had a police radio scanner for years, and many average folks like me have used their scanners to help the cops catch criminals.

Now authorities in Tulsa say meth cooks are misusing scanners to stay ahead of the police.

That's bad enough on its own, but I don't like where this is going. At all.

With the "let's ban everything" regimen expanding in America for over a quarter-century, I don't think I need to tell you where this is headed.

The government has already made it illegal to buy Sudafed without signing a log or to purchase more than a small amount within a certain time frame. You know somebody in the government is going to be looking at your scanner as the next thing to ban.

In fact, I GUARANTEE you they're already thinking of banning scanners as I write this.

Like the Sudafed ban, the scanner ban will be praised by the drug warriors as a much-needed effort, and the usual intimidation will be employed to quash dissent and manipulate public opinion. This cycle has been played out so many times in recent years that the "let's ban everything" crowd knows they can get their way.

Enough is enough.

(Source: http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/Meth-Makers-Using-Police-Scanners/2ojngdshZ0C_GI-XDKqfnQ.cspx)

No comments:

Post a Comment