Friday, October 30, 2009

Pat Robertson's network launches crazed attack on Halloween

Damn.

I thought I was gonna make it to November without a War on Halloween story. But I guess I spoke too soon!

I know Pat Robertson's CBN usually never fails to entertain. So I shoulda known to look there. Turns out a CBN guest writer called Kimberly Daniels has produced one of the most frenzied diatribes against Halloween I've seen since - well, probably last year.

CBN was starting to get bad press from Daniels's rant, so they tried flushing it down the memory hole. But it remains in Google's cache:

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:tpp4ipDgs2IJ:www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/halloween_danger_daniels.aspx+pat+robertson+candy&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

This tirade urges folks to shun Halloween. Central to the article's theme seems to be the notion that demons secretly infiltrated bags of Halloween candy on store shelves.

Among the "dangers of Halloween" cited in the piece? "Orgies between animals and humans."

This entry might be of more urgent interest, except that any public school bureaucrat who follows Pat Robertson has probably already done everything they could to deprive their community's schools of Halloween celebrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment