Sunday, July 11, 2010

Woo-hoo! I've just been called a "druggie"!

Yeeeee-haaaaaw!

I guess this means I'm legit!

My credentials as a thorn in the side of the extreme right have just been burnished further! Some right-wing loudmouth on Facebook said this to me:

"Tim, you're not only a druggie, but, you're a certified nut case."

Why did he call me a "druggie" and "nut case"? It's because I oppose mandatory drug tests for welfare recipients - an idea that's already been ruled unconstitutional. This idea is unconstitutional because it discriminates against the poor, it's an illegal search, and it operates from the presumption of guilt (forcing people to prove their own innocence).

If standing up for the Constitution and the rule of law makes me a "druggie", then take me to rehab right now!

The more important point though is that this proves how the other side deals with dissent: They attack dissidents as "druggies" in much the same way Joe McCarthy called opponents "communists."

2 comments:

  1. Tim is not a druggie. But should be on medication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This idea is unconstitutional because it discriminates against the poor, it's an illegal search, and it operates from the presumption of guilt (forcing people to prove their own innocence).



    That's ridiculous. No one forces you to take unemployment benefits.

    ReplyDelete