Saturday, December 26, 2009

The dumbest joke ever

I think I can safely say what the dumbest joke ever is.

No, it's not the Republican Party. It's even dumber!

A lot of people don't understand our sense of humor. Sometimes, we regale you with things that are dumb and act like they're funny - because they're so funny by being so dumb. Some folks don't get that. They think we really do think they're funny just by being funny, not by being dumb. But our sense of humor is deeper than they think.

Luckily, we can appreciate them thinking that we think dumb things are funny because we think they're funny instead of dumb. That's because we have a sense of humor.

But I think I know the dumbest joke in the history of jokes:

Q: What did the pee say to the poop?

A: "You stink!"


That's funny just because it's so incredibly childish and dumb.

I heard this joke while I was on the school bus in high school. We were zipping along Johns Hill Road, when a boy who was probably in first grade or so said, "I know a funny joke." He promptly told this joke for all of us to hear!

That kid would be a grown man of about 27 years old now, and he may have kids who are in grade school themselves. I wonder if the dumb toilet joke tradition will carry on. Maybe years from now, someone who attends school with his kids will write a blog about how they heard this joke on the school bus back in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment