Monday, August 2, 2010

Glad to be off Facebook!

I deactivated my Facebook account yesterday, and when I see stories like this about Fascistbook's ongoing censorship of pages it disagrees with, I have no regrets about leaving:

http://dissidentvoice.org/2010/07/facebook-censorship-of-progressive-causes

That article is about Facebook's recent closure of a group dedicated to freeing political prisoner Ricardo Palmera.

Meanwhile, reports continue to emerge that Facebook is erasing posts of people who disagree with right-wing pages.

1 comment:

  1. Tim, is it?
    I think you are the dude that I noticed biking and scanning Covington's myriad alleys.( I am referring to noticing your work on-line; I have not noticed you on a bicycle.) I live in CVG and love its quirks, hollows, and quirky realities and people. If, indeed, you are the same - I am running checks on my past saved favorites - I am excited to see your work and your blog.
    I do hope that you backup your filmography; I think that it will be very important in the long run.

    ReplyDelete