Friday, August 6, 2010

Lawn Chair Quarterback: "Tim Enters The Twilight Zone"

Today I learned the hard way that those of my lowly station are not allowed in the increasingly well-to-do Cincinnati neighborhood of Columbia-Tusculum.

Fuck 'em. I'm not letting that stop me from showing up again sometime later.

After exploring a particular street just to see where it went, I was confronted by a mighty mob of 2 people to interrogate me about why I dared to use "their" road - even though the street is public. That's right, 2 WHOLE people! I wasn't intimidated by their scare tactics - because this is the 2010 Tim, after all. Although I was confronted, a person blocking the street with an SUV (with its motor running for minutes on end) was not.

That's not to pick on just Columbia-Tusculum. If a neighborhood within the city is this intent on keeping the poor out, you can only imagine what the suburbs must be like. Believe me, I know.

Accordingly, 'Lawn Chair Quarterback' explores the phenomenon of twilight towns - neighborhoods or cities that prohibit the poor from entering:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHMNRv2Ydtg

No comments:

Post a Comment