Thursday, August 26, 2010

Google runs ads that Facebook censored

It's pretty bad when Google in its present condition is beating you hands-down.

Facebook has just removed marijuana legalization ads that featured a pot leaf from its site. It's a fact that Facebook removed the ads just because of their stance. We know this because anybody who logs on to Facebook sees nothing but conservative ads. That's almost all Facebook seems to have - which I guess makes sense, considering how right-wing Facebook's overall content has become.

But now Google says it's accepting the legalization ads immediately.

Hopefully, this ad campaign isn't using Google's AdSense. AdSense stole hundreds of dollars from me by closing my account before paying me money I was owed.

Facebook censoring the ad underscores the fact that Facebook tries catering to an extremist clientele. And it shows more and more every day. I deactivated my Fascistbook account weeks ago, but just today I've heard of more stories proving just how pathological they are over there. Normal people don't say and do the things that are just a matter of course on Facebook.

Joining one stupid Facebook page can be written off as careless. Joining 2 such pages that spread the exact same right-wing lies makes a person a fit subject for the lunatic asylum. It's ironic that Facebook has so many pages that promote illegally violating people's constitutional rights - yet at the same time Facebook accuses a marijuana legalization ad of supporting illegal activity.

I can't tell you how thankful I am that I had the good sense to ditch Facebook.

(Source: http://fdlaction.firedoglake.com/2010/08/25/google-to-run-just-say-now-ads-censored-by-facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment