Monday, May 19, 2008

Credit card issuer continues to steal

I'm mad.

It was 9 days ago that I first noticed my credit card issuer had deactivated my card without my permission. I tried calling them, but their number didn't work. I promptly e-mailed them, but I still haven't gotten a reply 9 days later (except an automated reply saying they got my message). I e-mailed them again later, and there's been no reply to that message either.

I think I know how much money is on that card. (I didn't bookkeep as well as I should, because I had no idea they'd think they'd get away with a stunt like this - and because I'm supposed to get e-mailed statements periodically, but don't.) It's in double (possibly triple) digits for sure. If I can't access that money, it's theft.

Numerous websites supposedly offer a link that lets folks sign up for this brand of card, but the link doesn't work. However, the bank that issues this card is apparently still in business.

If it comes down to it, I will complain to the Kentucky Attorney General. (The bank that issued it seems to be based in Florida, and you know Florida won't do shit to them.) I WILL get my money back from the thieves. Will. Come hell or high water. The vigil begins now.

1 comment:

  1. Some credit card issuers are definitely worse than others!
    We'd love to get your feedback. We recently started a poll on the Worst / Best Credit Card Issuers. Feel free to stop by and give us your opinion.

    ReplyDelete