Saturday, May 10, 2008

Everyone considers them the cowards of the county...

If you're new here, you don't know a sad truth I've known for nearly a quarter-century: There's public places (specifically, roads and walkways) in my county that I had learned to avoid because I could just expect to find trouble there. This has been far less of an issue in the northern third of Campbell County (except for an altercation at the Newport Kmart once when I was in high school), but the part of the county serviced by the Campbell County Schools or you-know-where is a different matter.

Southern and central Campbell County became a right-wing Jonestown by the time I was in high school. The community became a cult centered on a fantastically insane grudge against me personally. Why they took things to such extremes, I'll never know. I was labeled a troublemaker very early in life, and by golly, the Taliban was going to make sure I got the message. That's why I had all the problems with school harassment and getting expelled for offenses that never would have brung even a mild punishment if anyone else had committed them.

The opening lines of a certain song sung by Kenny Rogers comes to mind when you think of the assholes who have hassled me:

Everyone considers them the cowards of the county
They've never stood one single time to prove the county wrong...

They're truly cowards. If they weren't, they wouldn't have a whole system in place to bully folks into not fighting back against their fascism. These diseased maniacs have not a bit of fiber (the moral kind, not the dietary kind) in their bodies. (They do have a lot of the dietary kind though. I know this because I had the misfortune of sitting behind some of them in class.) The oafs I've encountered have a friendly local government that mollycoddles them.

As recently as 5 years ago, if I went to a store or restaurant in that area with a family member, we'd have to debate whether it was safe to go there. Until very recently, every time I biked in that part of town, I'd constantly look over my shoulder.

But now it's dawned on me that I've stopped being so fearful. The turning point was this:


(http://i31.tinypic.com/9705yt.jpg)

This defiance of NKU's general shittiness last week captures the precise moment the fear drained away. If I can fight NKU on its own turf, how can I not fight other right-wing villains?

Oh, I'm sure I'll get physically attacked again sooner or later. If I had to pick another song that reminds me of the Evil Empire that's been after me, I'd pick "1985." It's about someone stuck in an earlier era, which the idiots who attack me clearly are, because they've displayed a pathological inability to get over their long-running vendetta. People in their 30s should outgrow this shit. They haven't.

When it happens, I will fight it. They will have committed a crime, and if authorities continue their policy of criminal-pampering, maybe it's time for a picket outside the courthouse so I can explain to folks what's been going on.

1 comment:

  1. We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore!

    Way to go Tim.

    Peace-

    Tony

    ReplyDelete