Thursday, August 14, 2008

Graffiti attack likely a hoax

You're gonna think I'm going way out on a limb here. But I'm not. For starts, this is a blog, so it's certainly fair to offer insight and speculation and not just parrot aspects of a story that are already known. For another, I have experience with bad school systems, so I know how they operate.

In my case, the place was Campbell County, Kentucky. Horrible, horrible school system. Simply awful. I never did get around to going into detail about how the already overcrowded school district closed the elementary school in the most heavily populated part of the district just so students would have to travel 4 miles out of town. This was just the latest foible in a decades-long pattern of incompetence by the school district.

A few years ago, someone slashed the tires of buses parked at the school district's garage. And wouldn't ya know it, when school had to be canceled because of this, the district tacked on another day of school at the end of the year - which spoiled vacation plans.

I firmly believe that the school district authorized this vandalism just so it would have an excuse to extend the school year. I'm 90% sure that's what happened. I know that school system like the back of my serrated incisors, and that's exactly the type of shit they'd pull.

What do you expect from a school district that in the late '80s had more cases of corporal punishment than the entire state of Minnesota?

I think something very similar to this apparent hoax has now happened in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. The Stroudsburg Area School District has been sued several times in recent years over various travails, which makes it a candidate for being the Campbell County of the Keystone State. So it ain't looking good for 'em.

Recently, Stroudsburg's school bored approved a right-wing uniform dress code that is mandatory for all students in grades 5 through 12. Last night, graffiti vandals hit the junior high school. They painted messages all over the joint saying "NO UNIFORMS" and "FUCK YOU-NIFORMS." (Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it? Get it?)

However, according to the Pocono Record, the vandals "had little effect" because nobody saw the graffiti except school staff.

In the immortal words of the Church Lady: How convenient!

Isn't it odd that nobody was around except school system employees? Very, very strange.

The graffiti also included several swastikas. Is it just me, or does this sound like the same serial smear that's run rampant on the Internet for years? It sounds to me like whoever did this was trying to portray uniform opponents as Nazis.

If you want to be heard, you don't put Nazi swastikas on your own work (even if your activity is something that can get you in trouble even without it). I truly believe (by the same 90% standard) this vandalism was done by someone authorized by the school board in an effort to make it look like uniform opponents are Nazis.

I believe this is what happened, despite the fact that such an effort is absurd on its face. One of the very first things Hitler did when he seized power was implement uniforms in public schools. For decades after World War II, public school uniforms were nearly taboo in central Europe - largely for that reason.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suspect that the school board authorized the vandalism as part of an effort to discredit opponents. Not unreasonable at all. It's possible I'm wrong, but I can't possibly imagine that this was not a set-up. I've been around 35 years, and I'm no fool.

Police say the vandals were seen on video, but I know no other details. Even if the vandals were young people, that doesn't mean they weren't deputized by the school system to do their dirty work. If the cops catch them, hopefully they'll check to see if their parents happen to be school board members or administrators who support the new dress code.

(Source: http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080814/NEWS/80814010/-1/NEWS01)

1 comment: