Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Texas school district begs to be sued

The school system in Fort Stockton, Texas, is just begging to be sued.

With another grueling school year starting, the district has a new policy. Under this new rule, students can be paddled whether their parents support it or not.

In 2008???

Prior to the rule change, kids in that western Texas town couldn't get swats if their parents requested that they not receive corporal punishment. But now the school system has just decided to paddle kids even when parents don't want it.

I think most folks will agree that this is just crying out for a lawsuit. I'll almost guarantee you that sooner or later, they're going to paddle a kid, and the parents are going to be quite upset - not at their kid, but at the school.

I can absolutely guarantee you that if I had children who got paddled in school, I'd be calling a lawyer right quick.

(Source: http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=7858)

1 comment:

  1. Oh they're going to get sued alright.

    I've come to realize that if I ever had children I would never, ever stick them in a Texas school. It seems Texas not only hates women, but also children and teenagers as well. I can't help but get the feeling that Texas thinks the only humans who are actually people are middle aged white men and their guns.

    ReplyDelete