Sunday, August 31, 2008

Right-wing cartophobia challenged!


Eek! It's a map! Run for your life!

Because the Far Right now seems to be afraid of maps just like they're afraid of everything else, now is a good time to unveil what may be my next gainful project:

http://bunkerblast.info/maps

That page features a map that I made, which I plan to be part of a series. I made that map all in one sitting a couple weeks ago, and it features the town of Woodlawn, Kentucky. I started off with Woodlawn because it's a small area, but I'm working on other maps.

These maps are intended for bicyclists. The colors of roads and paths indicate bike suitability. The yellow roads on this map would be green, except they're too hilly.

Looks pretty spiffy for a couple hours of work on a home computer, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment