Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'Pail now a year old!

This year has a lot of important anniversaries. Why, the 20th anniversary of both the Plop Lecture and the disastrous 1988 presidential election loom. The 15th anniversary of the founding of The Last Word occurred earlier this year.

And today is the first anniversary of the founding of this fine blog! I was right when I said The Online Lunchpail would be a truly unique project, wasn't I?

I don't remember any of the other names I had proposed for this blog, but I settled on The Online Lunchpail because of the blog's working-class appeal. And it's an appeal we've lived up to.

So when it's time to relax after a hard day of work, enjoy the 'Pail! I hope the 'Pail stays in business many more years to challenge the evils of corporatism.

Also, when I started the 'Pail, I announced its founding several days late, because I wasn't even sure it would work and I wanted to unleash it right before Labor Day. I goed swimming after I published the first entries and before I made the big announcement, and I remember thinking how great this blog was going to be!

Today, my annual swimming outing may possibly loom, so I may get a chance to think of more ideas for this blog as I bask in the crisp, cool wa!

Here's to success! Blublublublublub!

1 comment:

  1. Tim, Congratulations on one year of the Online Lunchpail. Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete