Thursday, April 2, 2009

Operation Contours: 33.33333% complete

My side job of drawing bicycling maps of Cincinnati area neighborhoods bips in a big way, like so many other things we know and love.

In conservaworld, a map is just a bunch of lines scrawled on a page or a computer screen. You can settle for that, if you choose. But where's the heart?

My maps are different in that they challenge rightist convention by appealing to the bicycle commuter - and look so pretty in the process.

Now I've launched Operation Contours - to add elevation contours to my maps. I've finished the contours for 2 of my 6 otherwise completed maps: Kenton Vale and Cincinnati's Pendleton neighborhood. This data comes to us from the unabashedly public domain topographic maps put out by the United States Geological Survey.

To see my maps, point your pooper here:

http://bunkerblast.info/maps

No comments:

Post a Comment