Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chewy, chewy mucus...

Hahaha, I forgot about this for 30 years!

Since this is the weekend, you'd rather read about old candy commercials than politics. And I would too!

There was a commersh for the Nestle $100,000 candy bar (later renamed to 100 Grand) back in the '70s that featured an Archies-like jingle that goed, "Chewy, chewy caramel..."

In this ad, people stretched the caramel portion of the candy bar out of their mouths and plumb into the sky.

When I found this ad on YouTube, the fond memories came rushing back!

I instantly recalled how back in grade school, classmates pulled strands of mucus out of their noses, so that a side view of this act looked exactly like the manner in which folks in this commersh stretched out the $100,000 bar.

Here's a version of the ad from 1979:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrRkqGzCC4s

I burst out laughing when I saw that!

I wonder if Nestle has ever been sued for false advertising for charging only 85 cents for this candy bar when it says 100 Grand right on the wrapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment