Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bush regime demanded list of Indymedia readers

I guess there had to be a giant parting shot by the Bush regime just as the silly clown was headed home to his new mansion in Dallas (for which Texas taxpayers are forced to provide a gate for the street, even though the road is public).

It turns out that Bush's so-called Justice Department (led by Michael "Mucus Man" Mukasey at the time) demanded that Indymedia turn over a list of people who visited its website. This order directed Indymedia to turn over their IP numbers, names, street addresses, Social Security numbers, and other identifying data.

The order also required Indymedia "not to disclose the existence of" the Justice Department's demand.

Believe me, if I got a gag order like that, I'd tell the government to gag on its own turds. They're not going to stifle my free speech like that. I follow the Constitution - not some right-wing dictator like Bush who stole the election twice.

This order was part of a long-running war by the Bush regime against Indymedia. The government had previously raided Indymedia's servers for daring to publish news items that the regime disagreed with. In 2004, Bush's Justice Department ordered Indymedia to disclose who posted lists of Republican convention delegates.

I've read Indymedia's website, and if I'm on any visitor log that was turned over to the government, I will personally see to it that some people in very high places do some very hard time. After our success in helping get the once-mighty Pathway Family Center cult shut down, I'm not a person you want to be messing with. (I can't take full credit for the takedown of PFC, but I guarantee I'll have a lot of support if I fight members of the Bush regime on the visitor logs.)

(Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/09/taking_liberties/entry5595506.shtml?tag=contentMain)

No comments:

Post a Comment