Monday, November 16, 2009

Week 14 of POOP

There were fireworks aplenty last week on the POOP front.

It was the week we learned what a bureaucratic mess Google has become. As one hand of Google doesn't know what the other is doing, they figure they're better off if they just try to hide it instead of fixing the problem.

First, they told me I need a court order just to remove my own copyrighted posts (which Google had reposted without my permission).

Then I caught Google red-handed stonewalling complaints by other users about the problem, as Google refuses to count positive ratings for their complaints.

Later, I discovered Google's YouTube was accepting fourth-party DMCA takedown notices from Fox News Channel designed to silence dissent - with no court order whatsoever.

The Fox News incident sort of proves John Edwards right about there being "two Americas", doesn't it? There's one set of rules for right-wing corporations like that which controls Fox, and another set for everyone else.

This saga reminds me of the pile driver chaos of about 4 years ago. I believe that was when the city of Bellevue allowed a noisy pile driver to disturb the city almost 24/7 for months. Nothing was done about it, despite repeated complaints by countless residents. Yet the city was willing to cite people who had their car radio up too loud for 3 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment