Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is Google stonewalling complaints? You be the judge!

I've just found strong evidence that Google is deliberately stonewalling complaints about its long-broken post removal tool.

The wreckage of this tool has prompted countless public complaints by users. When I tried giving another user's complaint a good rating, my rating wasn't counted.

I made a video of Google failing to count my rating:



This strongly suggests that Google's help staff knows about the removal tool being broken and has decided to reject positive ratings for those who complain about it.

It's also interesting that the post I tried to rate has been up for 6 days, but Google's help staff hasn't even replied to it. Of course, we all knew Google hardly ever reads its help forums.

Wouldn't it be easier for Google to fix its removal tool and not stonewall users than to have its apparent stonewalling caught on video? Google could have saved themselves loads of humiliation if they had repaired the broken removal tool. But now it's too late.

Would you agree with my belief that Google is intentionally resisting help complaints? Watch my video, and judge for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. *sigh* You know Google has a shitty help dept., so what's the point in even bothering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google is very, very busy.

    ReplyDelete