Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 12 of POOP

Three months and counting, Google. Three months and counting.

Google's heavily touted post removal page is still down, and its help forum is still asleep - as evidenced by their failure to clear away all the spam.

So last week, I had no choice but to mail Google a DMCA takedown notice to force it to remove my copyrighted works that reappeared.

Don't get me wrong: The DMCA is horseshit. But since YouTube (which Google owns) accepts fourth-party DMCA takedown complaints by corporations that have no connection to the "infringing" material, it'll be interesting to see if Google complies with my demand to take down my copyrighted posts.

Google's stated policy is to respond to every DMCA complaint. I mailed my letter on Wednesday, so they'll probably get it by Thanksgiving. Then we'll know whether the DMCA only protects corporations and not individuals in the world of Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment