Monday, April 19, 2010

Countrywide faces criminal investigation


I know firsthand that Countrywide Financial was as much of a racket as Wells Fargo was, because Countrywide made repeated harassing phone calls to me right at the same time Wells Fargo did (even though I've never been a customer of either Wells Fartgo or Countrywide).

But now Countrywide is the target of a federal criminal probe. The exact charges are not yet known, but the charges are apparently connected to the financial industry meltdown of 2007-08. Coincidentally, I'm pretty sure that was the same time I kept getting the harassing calls.

While the feds are at it, they need to prosecute Countrywide and Wells Fargo for the calls.

Meanwhile, Republicans are trying to filibuster the financial reform bill.

(Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/19/business/main6410349.shtml)

No comments:

Post a Comment