Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Ernie? I'm bald!"

Man, Bert and Ernie sure do rule!

They're part of the 'Sesame Street' kick-ass crew, you see.

Some of you who read my newsletters years ago know that Bert & Ernie's Garage is where you can buy gas for only 10 cents a gallon. But how does one half of the Dynamic Duo fare in the barbering business?

Hilariously, that's how:



What else could prompt innocent Bert to call someone a "ding-a-ling"?

It's especially funny when Bert says, "And I like my hair long, Ernie." Man, that Bert's a real hippie!

After Bert emerges from Ernie's barber chair a total chrome dome, Ernie assures, "Remember, it will grow back again." Unless of course you're a piece of foam rubber. Amazing how Children's Television Workshop ruined a perfectly good Bert puppet to film this skit!

Who in their right mind would ruin Bert?

That sketch was made back when Ernie, Bert, and 'Sesame Street' itself were much edgier. Now the ol' Ses is a world of cutesy. Let's bring back edgy 'Sesame Street' skits!

1 comment:

  1. LOL I don't remember this one!!

    Though I remember seeing a DRAWING of a bald Bert somewhere..

    ReplyDelete