Sunday, December 7, 2008

Harassing call from VA center

The number of harassing phone calls I've been receiving dropped off precipitously after I caught my former high school with its Transformers Underoos down around its ankles, but some of these pricks never learn.

My sleep schedule has been fucked up the past few days because of what happened Thursday morning. I keep forgetting to post about it here, but now I found the note I scribbled down after getting rousted out of bed early in the morning.

I was woken up by a harassing phone call much like the others I've been getting for decades. I traced the number and discovered it was that of the Cincinnati VA Medical Center.

Under Bush, the VA comes up with every excuse in the book to deprive injured veterans of the benefits that they're owed, yet it can afford to hire some asshole who I went to school with who refuses to do any work and instead spends work time playing with the phone like a big baby.

When I was about 5, I was so awed by the newfangled touch-tone phone at another family's house that I couldn't resist playing around with it a little bit. But somebody out there who is 35 and is still amazed by '70s technology got hired by the VA and makes harassing phone calls on the taxpayers' dime.

Damn! You're over 30! Get over what happened in school already, will ya?

Because I don't know exactly who the culprit is, I'm going to keep a very close eye on Facebook for alumni of several different schools in Campbell County, and I'm going to see which ones list the Cincinnati VA Medical Center as their workplace. If any of the names sound familiar, there's a chance one of them could be behind the call.

1 comment:

  1. I have had 7 crank calls in the last week, all from Indianapolis. Hmmmm, I wonder who could be calling and pranking me? Could it be the cult members from PFC?

    The way I see it is, if you aren't getting crank calls, you aren't doing a good job.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete