Friday, December 26, 2008

I know someone's going to notice sooner or later, so...

I don't try to be backwards and provincial on this blog, but sometimes it appears that way.

The Campbell County school system didn't exactly provide me with the best education, so even now I remain ignorant of things that every American should probably know.

But just this afternoon, I decided to get smart and briefly read up about some things. Maybe a few days too late, but better late than never. A lot of you won't even catch what I'm getting at here, but a lot of you will, and I can understand your point, as long as you're diplomatic about it.

I may have had a grade-Z formal education, but at least I did try to self-educate in order to avoid ill feelings. You may have been right to fault me for some things the past few days, but please don't fault me now.

I think I have a strong record that outweighs recent mistakes, and I do more with what I have than a lot of individuals did with the much wider opportunities that they've had.

Until now, there were certain things I thought I'd never have much reason to learn about if they seemed outside the world I know. I got set in some of my habits as a youth, but I guess you learn from experience. I can probably say that even with this matter, I'm no more provincial than most Americans were in 1990.

So, folks, just accept this for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment