Friday, December 12, 2008

Tim defeats Thayer

I have a reputation of violating petty Allowed Clouds, but Republican politicians are permitted to violate Allowed Clouds that are more well-grounded.

There's a right-wing state senator in Kentucky named Damon Thayer who posts his idiotic campaign signs on the public right-of-way and leaves them up well past the election.

I understand politicians post their signs on the public right-of-way all the time, so I'm not too worried about that. I do find it quite interesting that Republican Thayer's signs were allowed to stay up a month after the election, while other candidates' signs got taken right down.

Fact of the matter is, you're not supposed to leave your signs up on the public right-of-way in December. Yes, that's an Allowed Cloud. We have an interest in keeping our highways presentable when we can, and citizens are legally permitted to remove such signs if they're up for that long and are along a public road.

So I did precisely that:



Nothing illegal about what I did. Not a damn thing.

I made that video on Monday when I took the Peace Bike on an outing in Kenton County, and much of the clip deals with the area's roads.

Read it and peep!

No comments:

Post a Comment