Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blow someone else's bubble! (Bubble Gum Weekend)

I bet Floyd D. Duck's shit stinks from eating all that Bubble Yum.

Seriously. I would bet the farm on it!

Floyd D. Duck is a cartoon avian who was introduced as Bubble Yum's mascot sometime in the '90s. He was designed to look like a hip punk rocker who talks about bubble gum.

While TV ads for bubble gum seemed few and far between by the time of Mr. Duck's introduction, he did nonetheless appear in at least one commersh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv6QjkTJGkE

The Floydster even bubbled twice in that ad for the official gum of Major League Baseball!

Of particular note is Bubble Yum's late '90s slogan: "Blow your own bubble."

As if it's possible to blow someone else's bubble???

That would be pretty hard to do - unless you're like one of the kids I went to high school with who chewed used gum they found laying on the floor.

Gum. The energy source of a new America.

1 comment:

  1. I know Floyd was supposed to be hip and cool, but for me he is just adorable!! I expect to see his super-cute face on my packs of Bubble Yum every time I buy them, and I will be seriously pissed I they ever get rid of him.

    ReplyDelete