Sunday, December 14, 2008

New York may subsidize frankenfoods

State budgets generally aren't easy endeavors, but the one in the state of New York may subsidize makers of toxic artificial sweeteners (in addition to reinstating the sales tax on clothes).

Under this new budget, New Yorkers may pay a new tax on regular soft drinks - but not diet sodas. The rationale for this double standard is that it's an "obesity tax."

The national "obesity pandemic" is a hoax pumped up largely by the right-wing media. It's a complete and utter fraud. I know it is, because according to the government's new obesity definition, I'm overweight too.

Why does this hoax exist? It exists primarily to draw attention away from other stories, to wrongly shift blame onto the public for environmentally induced ailments, and to sell synthetic chemicals like that which fill diet soft drinks. I am 100% certain of it.

Because the tax differentiates between diet and regular sodas, it is in effect a subsidy for dangerous artificial sweeteners.

Yes, I know, I know. I'm sure New York had to pass a tax on something, because they're still paying for Wacky Pataki's mismanagement, but if that's the case, why not tax that diet shit just as much as the regular product?

The state has to cut funding for health care and education severely, but poisonous frankenfoods get a free gimme???

I guarantee you that if I ran a grocery store in New York, I'd be hot diggety damned if I'd make customers pay more for regular soda than for diet. Hell, I'd just lower the store cost on the regular and raise it on diet, so they end up costing the buyer the same. (Except I'd probably be eager to get rid of the diet, seeing how every store I go to always has gobs and gobs of diet in stock, while they're always nearly out of regular.)

(Source: http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=750267&category=STATE)

No comments:

Post a Comment