Sunday, November 1, 2009

Magic gum balances itself on thumb (Bubble Gum Weekend)

Since this is Halloween weekend, there's sure to be lots of gum in circulation - giving you uncontrollable fits of laughter.

But what can be funnier than Freshen-Up - the amazing gum with a liquid center known for its free road atlas offer?

Absolutely nothing!

I vaguely recall this 1979 commersh that showcased an amazing magic property Freshen-Up purportedly had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJND-CL3YkQ

According to this ad, packs of Freshen-Up could magically balance themselves on the tip of your thumb.

However, I believe I tried balancing packs of this brand o' BG on my thumb when I saw this commercial. All that happened was that the pack of gum fell on the floor and risked being gobbled up by the family canine.

I had no trouble balancing a yardstick on my thumb, but a tiny little pack of gum just couldn't cut it.

Can I sue Freshen-Up for false advertising?

No comments:

Post a Comment