Friday, May 10, 2013

Fight against corporate personhood continues!

Three years after the bogus Citizens United ruling, efforts to pass a constitutional amendment to end corporate personhood continue, and numerous states (including West Virginia) have now passed a resolution endorsing this amendment.

Today I braved the pouring rain for a rally on Central Parkway in Cincinnati against corporate personhood. Occupy Cincinnati regulars were face-deep in this event, of course. This follows last week's May Day march - which drew about 2,000 people (as opposed to approximately 80 last year).

On a lighter note, library hilarity has loomed large lately. Last week, before I went to the May Day event, I stopped by the Cincinnati Public Library and noticed that someone had put a bus pass in the toilet. Today, I stopped by the libe again, and while I was in the aisle burying my nose in the books about music, somebody was making music of their own: I counted 5 - count 'em, 5 - loud and proud bunker blasts emanating from the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment