Friday, September 21, 2007

Ploptoberfest looms

I detect something looming, don't you?

Why, it's Ploptoberfest - the Cincinnati version of Oktoberfest! I call this annual festival Ploptoberfest because people like to plop stuff - meaning they put stuff in toilets. The item most commonly plopped at Ploptoberfest seems to be piles of loopy religious tracts handed out by proselytizers who frequent the event, which are often plopped into the toilet bowls in the portable outhouses.

I've goed there every year for the past few years. Ploptoberfest in 2004 was a downright spectacle, because I managed to get in 2 separate fights within about 10 minutes of each other over politics. (Around that time, the spittle contingent was at their shrillest.)

Being the swell guy I am, I'm going to Ploptoberfest tomorrow, and I have an important family gathering scheduled for Sunday. So feel free to turn this entry into an open thread about this blog's populist goodness, in case I don't have time to post many entries this weekend.

1 comment: