Thursday, October 11, 2007

Idiot ISP trouble again

Ah yes, more ISP trouble today, courtesy of our local phone company (who else?) that provides our high-speed access.

This morning when I started work, the only sites I could access were my ISP's site and Google. I e-mailed the phone company about it and never got a response. Later, everything worked. But later still, nothing worked except my ISP's site - so I e-mailed them again and still didn't get a response. Then I called them and was treated to a recording about how they're aware of the problem and are allegedly fixing it (even though it's been going on all day). Now this blog works, but little else does.

I've hunted all over the phone company's site for my ISP's status page, and apparently there isn't one. There used to be one, according to Google, but it doesn't work anymore. Seriously, a high-speed provider in 2007 lacks a status page. Mind-boggling!

Instead, the phone company's ISP fills its website with this idiotic bullshit:


Nice to know I'm paying $30 a month for a celebrity gossip website instead of a high-speed ISP. Silly me!

No comments:

Post a Comment