Sunday, October 21, 2007

Teen launches anti-cussing crusade

For fuck's sake, some of today's kids sure have some misplaced priorities.

In a nation where tens of millions go without health care and where the environment is a distant memory, a 14-year-old boy from South Pasadena, California, has launched an international crusade against...cussing. He's appealed to his city officials to try to make the city a "no-cussing zone."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Like that bullshit is gonna work! What's the city gonna do? Are they going to do like that cop in Pennsylvania did when he loitered outside some woman's house so he could hear her cussing out the toilet and arrest her?

I was 14 once, and I guarantee that if one of my gang tried to make our city a "no-cussing zone", they would have been laughed into the Stone Age and back and then back again and back and then back again. If the youngster in this story is so worked up over cussing at his school, I doubt if he's ever had any real problems with his school like so many other people have.

If he had to put up with one-tenth what I had to put up with when I was 14, I guarantee you he'd have different priorities in life. Trust me, you don't know what I had to put up with - every fucking weekday, no less! (Weekends too, thanks to the fact that my county doesn't enforce phone harassment laws.) It would slowly smash your soul.

The anti-cussing movement exemplifies an illusive nicey-nicey meme that pops up every few years but seems to be on its way out at the moment. Five years ago, it seemed like every website hosting or message board service would just yank your account if you used any word harsher than 'pee', but now we cussers of the world are coming on strong! I think it's a wonderful world when you can cuss fluently without having to worry about to going to jail for it, don't you?

(Source: http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_291044330.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment