Thursday, July 10, 2008

And 2 more!

This is getting old, I know, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

At 7:47 PM, I got another harassing phone call. The phone rang once, and about a minute later I picked up the phone, and the caller was still on the line making stupid-ass noises. (The answering machine didn't pick up this call because it only rang once.)

I traced the call to 000-000-0000. I tried blocking this strange phone number, but the recording for the call block service said I couldn't do this because the number is "incorrect."

Well, of course it is. I went on the Internet later and found that this number means the caller is hiding their real number. (Apparently there is a way to do this by dialing some numbers beforehand.)

At 7:51 PM - only 4 minutes after that call - I got one of the standard untraceable hang-ups that have been the fad lately.

But the assholes can carry on. I don't think this bullshit is going to last much longer.

5 comments:

  1. There's not even any point in posting new entries anymore, until a few days from now when I can fix the problem. I just took out the garbage, and I returned to find yet another hang-up on the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should talk to your social worker about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you should talk to "pooing is cool" about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure AT&T and Cincy-Bell was commissioned by the Bushy-Rove government to record numbers of all calls. Maybe the Department of Homeland Insecurity could release info on these callers if you told them you were asking for information, not to benefit a citizen against harrassment, but a government agent looking to bust someone for walking shoeless on the PPBridge or carrying markers onto park property.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Or "trespassing" at a public university library or running a pirate radio station that doesn't harm anyone.

    And by the way, at 11:20 AM today I got another 000-000-0000 call.

    ReplyDelete