Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Peace Bike violates another Allowed Cloud!

About an Allowed Cloud: It got violated!

I live to violate Allowed Clouds, like when I walked barefoot on the Purple People Bridge, or when I brang a marker to Bellevue Beach Park, or when I violated a trespass order at NKU that was 13 years old. (The trespass order was itself illegal, but I bet you they would've charged me for violating it 13 years later, except they knew I would just absolutely humiliate them if they did.)

Today I went Roads Scholaring in downtown Cincinnati - home of Fountain Square. Although Fountain Scare is a public gathering spot, around mid-decade the city began farming out management of this hardscape to CCCDC, a right-wing Big Business committee.

If you don't think CCCDC is right-wing, they are. They've tried to scrutinize rallies and prohibit ones they disagree with by making organizers buy insurance policies they can't afford.

The CCCDC champions regimentation. So they've enacted a list of rigid RULES governing how one must behave on Fountain Square. And they're still coming up with new ones. Just today, I noticed they had a new commandment against feeding pigeons who happen to congregate on the square.

But it's the Allowed Cloud against bicycles that really puckers my bip bone. Before the CCCDC's Fountain Square "renovation" (ruinage) of mid-decade, folks often biked through the square as the sun peeped through the permacloud. But now bikes on Fountain Square are prohibited.

So what did the Peace Bike opt to do? Visit Fountain Square, of course:


(http://i34.tinypic.com/hs9erp.jpg)

So take that, R2D2, I mean 3CDC!

One way we might be able to stop tyranny creep is to directly challenge it in all the little ways that I have during this Roads Scholaring season.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the Peace Bike is just barely on Fountain Square. We need a photo of the Peace Bike right next to the fountain. Or better yet, IN the fountain.

    ReplyDelete