Thursday, July 17, 2008

Will the Peace Bike fight the crybabies?

I was reading over my entry about right-wing bloggers complaining about parking spaces that allow only fuel-efficient vehicles. I noted how they never raised a peep when a California town instituted SUV-only spaces.

While I was reading it over, I had a sexy thought. What if I started parking the Peace Bike in a parking space (you know, the ones that are supposedly reserved for cars) instead of propping it precariously against a public mailbox or traffic sign? Next time I go to the shopping center, maybe I'll do that! (The local shopping center has no bike rack.)

Then maybe I'll see what happens. If I was a betting man, I would wager there's greater than a 50/50 chance someone will complain - and that the complainant will be opposed to restricting SUV's in the same parking spot.

What's a Peace Bike for if not to fight right-wing hypocrisy?

1 comment:

  1. I say go for it, but make sure you watch your bike from afar cause if you don't lock it up I'm positive someone will try to steal it.

    I think this special parking space deal is nothing but a giant bunch of BS. At the Florence Mall they have the parking spots closest to the door reserved for 'Family parking' with handicapped parking behind them.

    If you can't control your kids enough to get them across a parking lot then don't take them to the freaking mall.

    The only people who deserve special parking privileges are the handicapped. Everyone else just needs to suck it up and walk.

    ReplyDelete