Sunday, September 4, 2016

I violated an Allowed Cloud in front of the sheriff

Tonight, we goed to Rip-off-fest to see the fireworks, and - like I always do - I smuggled in a bottle of soda in the roomy pockets of my trousers.

I was a bit more daring this time. After we got past the totalitarian checkpoint, I obnoxiously whipped out my bottle of Mountain Dew and held it aloft, preparing to pour it onto my twisted incisors. Right then, 3 uniformed law enforcement officers were approaching. When we walked past the lawmen, I noticed one of them was the Campbell County Sheriff. Not a sheriff's deputy, not a city cop, but the sheriff himself. I recognized him from his campaign photos.

You see, Rip-off-fest has a right-wing fiat against people bringing beverages (even soft drinks) into the festival. But that rule is stupid, so I ignore it. The sheriff apparently thinks it's stupid too, because he didn't say anything about me guzzling soda right in front of him. I guess he's not a Tea Party guy like the previous sheriff was.

Also, we saw 2 people who were in such a festive mood that they bubbled. On one of these majestic occasions, a person did a Wright brothers - also known as Bazookacidal tendencies. We were due for one of these, because I think the last time I saw someone successfully pull off a Wright brothers in public was in 2002 or 2003.