Friday, September 2, 2016

You're never too old for 'Sesame Street'

There's certain things I always mention on this blog every time I see someone performing such activities in public. Passing gas, for example. One such activity is if I see an adult wearing a Sesame Street shirt. I don't mean a shirt with a Sesame Street character's face filling the whole shirt, since those are quite common. I mean a shirt that only references Sesame Street - not any of its characters.

And today it happened.

There's a small festival going on in the alley next to my building. It has a live bluegrass band, an RV containing a little art gallery, and other amenities. Earlier I was out there, and I saw something that made my jaw hit the ground. I saw a woman who was about 60 years old wearing a green t-shirt, and when I saw what the shirt said, I had to do a double-take. Why, the shirt had the Sesame Street sign emblazoned across it. It didn't have any of the lovable Muppet characters. Just the sign.

That's right, Sesamoids. An adult wore a Sesame Street t-shirt in public.

I can't believe they even make a shirt like that in adult sizes!

I wasn't embarrassed to don my oversized, aqua "ATTACK!" shirt from a thrift store in college, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.