Friday, January 11, 2008

Glenn Beck gets taste of own medicine

In 2005, right-wing commentator Glenn Beck declared, "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out - is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus band Do [sic], and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now."

This act of terroristic threatening earned Beck an entry on the now-defunct Conservative Fool Of The Day blog. But it didn't deter CNN Headline News from rewarding him with his own TV show.

As a conservative, Beck has been a bitter foe of any fix whatsoever to the American health care system. You know, the health system that's now been revealed to rank dead last in the world.

I knew that one of these days some conservative stumblebum would finally experience how bad the health care system is. Usually they can afford the best medical care or can travel abroad, so most of the time they don't have to suffer like everyone else. I figured that once they got a taste of what American health care is really like, they might finally turn over a new leaf.

A few days ago, Glenn Beck lodged a diatribe about outpatient hemorrhoid surgery he had recently. The self-righteous fuckchop claimed the treatment at the hospital went "horribly awry" and that his pain medication created hallucinations and suicidal thoughts. Beck complained he was "treated more like a number than a patient" and that much of the time his pain was ignored.

Despite this experience, Beck still scoffs at those of us who support universal health care or reining in the insurance racket.

Man, some people never learn, do they? I call these people conservafools.

2 comments:

  1. Tim,

    Complain all you want about the current health care system (HMOs were created at the urging of the government, by the way), but there is no reason to believe for a second putting our hulking, inefficient and incompetent government in charge of it would make it better rather than deteriorate further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the insurance companies are exactly efficient or competent.

    At least these time you've admitted it's deteriorated, otherwise it couldn't "deteriorate further."

    ReplyDelete