Monday, January 28, 2008

Peace Bike sounding louder...

Ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages, meet the Peace Bike. Peace Bike, meet ladies and gentlemen and children of all ages.

One of my hobbies of late is to bike about my area and photograph roads, bridges, and other public landmarks. I'd say I do this an average of twice a month in warmer seasons, but I also did it today. It's a form of Roads Scholaring - a pastime I practically invented as a youngster. I've amassed hundreds of these photos in the past 4 years.

Now the trusty velocipede finally has a name: the Peace Bike. And no, it's not based on the Cat Stevens song from before he decided to become a literary reviewer. It's called the Peace Bike because it's a bicycle of peace and love.

I buyed the Peace Bike in 2004 to replace the mediocre Extremist (which was the brand of the previous bike). The Peace Bike is an Ironhorse brand but was the least expensive bike I could find. I've fitted it with many goodies to make it a practical personal vehicle for short trips. It's seen much travel about the 'Nati and its environs, and it's suffered the untimely poppage of many a tire. It even bore an "IMPEACH BUSH" sticker, which once prompted a fistfight by right-wing extremists.

People have requested photos of the Peace Bike to waft in their direction, and today I obliged. So here's a picture of the Peace Bike:


In case you want to expand this photo to full size, it can be found at:

http://i26.tinypic.com/20g0j2r.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment