Saturday, May 3, 2008

One Allowed Cloud down, 3 to go!

A week ago, I gave you a list of 3 Allowed Clouds I wanted to defy to protest the rise of the Far Right. There's another that should have been added - making that 4 Allowed Clouds. I could write a book titled 'Four Allowed Clouds', much like John Edwards's 'Four Trials' or Richard Nixon's 'Six Crises'. If I do a follow-up to my tome 'The Fight That Never Ends', this is a possibility.

The elusive fourth goal was visiting the campus of Northern Kentucky University in my original hometown of Highland Heights, Kentucky, a working-class burg not far from Cincinnati. Why would visiting a university campus be taboo? It's because I was expelled from NKU (in a disagreement driven by right-wing assholes in Congress who punished colleges over politics) and received a letter threatening to arrest me for "trespassing" if I showed up on campus again. Mind you, it's a public university, so you can't "trespass" just by being on campus. Sure enough, I tried using the library months later and was arrested in campus cops' little 'Sesame Street' skit in which they rode their bikes inside the building. I was on campus on several occasions after that, mostly for concerts. If I'd been caught, I'm sure I would've been arrested again.

Incidentally, because the charge in the library arrest was only third-degree trespassing, the arrest was illegal. Under Kentucky law, the offense can bring only a citation, not an arrest. The bogus charge was eventually dismissed after a legal battle.

The university has never truly ensured I wouldn't be arrested again based on my expulsion (which itself was illegal). So I have to assume the letter they sent me back in 1995 threatening me with arrest is still in force. (As another instance of NKU's lawbreaking, they violated federal confidentiality laws by mailing my mom a copy of this letter, even though I was almost 22.) Poolog holds grudges for years, and people in other areas still get picked up on minor drug charges from the '70s, so why would NKU ever get over itself?

I don't think I had been on campus in about 5 years before Thursday. So I decided I'd challenge their fascism right to their faces. On Thursday, I toured Campbell County on the Peace Bike. I figured I'd bip right through NKU and snap a photo of myself defying the rogue Allowed Cloud that was issued against me:


(http://i31.tinypic.com/9705yt.jpg)

You know what's really uproarious? Peep the white car just to the left of my head. Look closely, and you'll see it has blue lights on top. Nothing like challenging an Allowed Cloud when you've practically got a cop in your ear, is there?

I would not be in the least bit surprised if I get either a letter or a visit from police about this. But if they want to make an issue of a letter from 13 years ago, they're just going to look so incredibly st00pid that I will just absolutely humiliate them in court. Huuuuumiliate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment