Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poolog's Gulag

I wonder what's gonna happen if the Movementarians don't get their way in that little thing called the election. They don't take it too well when they lose - or even when they win. I know a gang of 'em that's had a grudge against me for 8 years.

It all goes back to when they took over the Roads Scholars' chat room back in 2000 and kicked me and several others out of the room because we wouldn't vote for their hero. At first, our bans were intermittent, but about 5 years ago they became permanent. We didn't actually do anything to provoke them besides vote for the "wrong" presidential candidates.

Mind you, these folks in the chat room aren't interested in roads in the least bit. They do nothing but say "SINES! SINES! SINES!" and talk about feces and hockey. They never talk about roads. They also got an entire ISP banned from the server (not just that chat room). And it wasn't even their chat room. Using fraud, they took it over from its rightful moderator.

The man mostly responsible for this I call Poolog. I call him that because he used to call himself Sonic, and someone asked if it had anything to do with Sonic the Hedgehog - which was quickly spoofed as Hedgelog. And that immediately became Poolog - as if to specify the kind of log the man is. And now I call the chat room Poolog's Gulag. (That rhymes, Bert!)

Tonight I was thinking that maybe they finally got over it. Who was I kidding? I bipped into their chat room, didn't say anything out of line or related to politics, and - boom! - within a few minutes, one of their Nazi thugs kicked me out of the channel. It's been over a year since I even tried entering the chat room, and they're still holding a grudge!

The person who kicked me out is some asshole in eastern Maryland. He never showed up in the chat rooms until a few years into this vendetta, so it shows they've brainwashed him into their Nazi cult.

Why can't the government put a stop to this? The Internet is public, and blacklisting ISP's is nothing short of censorship and racketeering. I've felt for years that the government needs to do more to preserve the free flow of ideas on the Internet. Private industry is slow to respond. For example, after I raised concerns about IP numbers being stamped on everything, it took over 5 years before most companies that offered services online began doing something about this gaping privacy hole. They're still far from sealing it completely. That's why the government has to act where the private sector fails.

In the meantime, I'm gonna be on the case of Poolog's Gulag like boogers on a library book.

No comments:

Post a Comment