Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ploptoberfest looms

About Oktoberfest: It looms. It lurks in the offing.

Cincinnati's version of Oktoberfest is reportedly the largest Oktoberfest in North America. Possibly so, though it doesn't seem quite as eventful as it should be. Such as it is, it's still got to be the most exciting festival to hit the area.

I call it Ploptoberfest, because people often throw things in the toilet bowls in the portable outhouses. It also seems like every year, preachers hand out religious tracts at the event, and someone scatters piles of tracts all over the toilets and pees on them.

Ploptoberfest goes on today and tomorrow, and I plan to be there! As such, I won't have much time to work on this blog. So consider this another open thread, if you will.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why but I was seriously shocked by how many religious handouts I got when I attended The Taste of Chicago last summer. I was even more shocked by how well they hid that they where religious fliers.

    I'm going to start handing out fliers to The Church of Foamy or embracing the wonderful world of polygamy. Just to mix things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete