Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peace Bike evades vandals

I got home from the Saturday installment of Cincinnati's Oktoberfest a couple hours ago.

While yesterday was plagued by people throwing items in toilet bowls in the portable outhouses such as a pair of jeans and a hand sanitizer dispenser they ripped off the wall, the vandalism seemed to be confined to the tinkletoriums.

Though I saw very few political activists distributing stickers this time, my sunblock trick appears to have worked. I smeared sunscreen on my new signs on the Peace Bike to keep stickers from adhering. I left the bike unattended (but chained to a signpost) for 12 hours near a crowd of thousands, and I found no vandalism to it whatsoever.

So what do the new signs on the ol' bikey look like? Here's the bike parked near the entrance to Ploptoberfest yesterday:


(http://i36.tinypic.com/2mca7bp.jpg)

2 comments:

  1. The Peace Bike totally needs a fan club.

    I love your green party sign, and I'm not even a registered green. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work twice as hard for half as much because I am an average American getting screwed by a government who isn't held accountable for their neglect of reasonable decision making. If I keep voting Republican, I am supporting the choices made by leaders who think they are kings. They have hurt our country, tread on our constitutional rights and should be voted out. This is the minimum action that should be taken by anyone who is unhappy with our situation as a country. I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote against the Republican party this year. They screwed us right to our faces repeatedly and I don't appreciate any of it. I'm not going to take it....are you?

    I may have to slim it down a little to fit on a bumper-sticker.

    Long live the peace-bike!

    ReplyDelete