Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2 protests in 3 days!

There's no rule that says you can't have 2 protests only 3 days apart against the abusive youth confinement facility near Cincinnati that I've protested fluently all year. It happened in July, and now it's happened again!

Damn, I was tired! I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before - because of idiots yelling and running jackhammers - and jury duty and work kept me from catching some Z's later, but when I get called in for a protest, I have to be there!

Last night's roadside rally - which was #14 for me - was relatively short, but it had 8 participants, and it did the job. Trust me on that. I catch hell about the protests not having larger groups of people, but you have to have some firsthand familiarity with abusive programs to appreciate this little nuance.

Short. Quick. Sweet. That's last night's successful protest!

I wanted to do some Roads Scholaring with the Peace Bike today, but I went straight to bed when I got home and overslept. It's a death-defying life I lead, I'll take my chances...

(More info: http://www.isaccorp.org/kidshelpingkids.asp)

2 comments:

  1. YOU NEED TO TELL THE PEOPLE. YOU CANNOT HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PROTEST IF NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ peacebikefan,

    What makes you think it wasn't a successful protest?

    Have you been involved with successful protests and know how to coach us in the ways of success.

    I'll tell you what, e-mail Tim with your name and phone number and he just might consider inviting you to the next protest. When will that be? ....It's a surprise.(:

    ReplyDelete