Monday, September 29, 2008

About your blogmaster!

Bloggers are human. We're not machines; we're people with feelings and needs.

Such is true of your friendly blogmaster. In the year since I started this blog, I've never had a chance to introduce myself. So allow me to do so.

I am a 35-year-old man, and I originally hail from the blue-collar burg of Highland Heights, Kentucky, but I now live in Bellevue, Kentucky. I was expelled from 4 schools. My battles with serial harassment at school are the topic of my book 'The Fight That Never Ends', which I published through Lulu.com in 2005.

When I was 16, a Catholic high school I got expelled from plotted to illegally place me in an abusive confinement facility for the "crime" of being expelled. This has led to my interest in having confinement centers shut down and my participation in 13 roadside protests against these programs.

I got interested in left-leaning populist causes sometime when I was a teenager. In college, I started my newsletter The Last Word as a protest against the Far Right. I still churn out an occasional issue. I was also a member of the Northern Kentucky Young Democrats, but I later switched my registration to the Green Party.

At one point, I ran the local pirate radio station, but the FCC invoked an Allowed Cloud against that.

Between the mid-'90s and the middle of the current decade, life wandered aimlessly and frustratingly. I was in a world of hurt, mostly because of the way my first high school treated me. I have post-traumatic stress disorder, primarily because of the abuse I suffered at the hands of those liars.

A list of some of my favorites...

Favorite TV show: 'The Simpsons'.

Favorite radio station: Now none. (Who even listens to radio anymore?) My all-time favorite in my area is the mid-'80s incarnation of the now-defunct WCLU.

Favorite music: '70s and '80s rock!

Favorite 'Sesame Street' character: Oscar the Grouch.

I also enjoy working on various projects. I have a lot of books and DVD's piling up for me to indulge in, but because I support myself largely with this blog and because I take pride in hard work, I don't have much time right now to watch my DVD's or read. (Soon I will.) Reading all the books I've hoarded may take some time, because it takes me a long time to read (probably due to dyslexia).

To celebrate my relentless toil, I've been to 45 states and D.C., but not Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Oregon, and Washington. I've also visited Canada and (briefly) Mexico. I also led a project called New America as a protest against the Contract With America's fascism and being skipped in the 2000 census.

As a hobby, I bip about the area and photograph roads. I also draw up maps, and I plan to create a set of detailed local bicycling maps and help support myself with this work (seeing how I've been shunned by the corporate world and all).

So that's the life of the Great Royal Tim.

I've just created a Facebook page, which I haven't had time to work on much yet:

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1485151823

No comments:

Post a Comment