Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another "Jump the Shark" moment for 'Cops'?

I've long enjoyed the TV series 'Cops', but the War on Drugs chest-pounding has put a damper on this long-running actuality show.

You might say 'Cops' jumped the shark around mid-decade when it seemed like every episode was a "special edition." Much of the time, the subject of the episode was..."War On Drugs"!

I believe this was shortly after it was revealed that the Bush regime was ordering TV shows and magazines to include drug warrior propaganda.

I checked the TV listings for tonight, and I noticed the second episode of 'Cops' is called...'"High Crimes #4"!

Gee, I wonder what that's about. Ponder, ponder.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager that this episode is another series of endless lectures full of trite drug war talking points and the police telling suspects, "You know, I really hate dope."

And these are the episodes I try to miss deliberately.

Luckily, "High Crimes #4" is the 8:30 episode, so it starts at the same time as the Earth Hour blackout, in case I opt to participate in that.

This comes on the heels of New York state's long-awaited elimination of its antiquated Rockefeller drug laws.

While we're at it, let's discuss the latest drug law reform in New York. What parts are good? What parts are bad? Leave your comments below...

(I know the comment section has been slow here lately, but this blog has enough readers that it shouldn't be. Trust me on that. I see how many people read this blog each day, and it's a miracle Blogspot doesn't restrict this blog for getting too many visitors.)

No comments:

Post a Comment